14 Common Misconceptions About Plumbing
Solution’s team of plumbers in Red Deer
- A small leak is not that big of a deal.
A small hole will only get bigger as time goes on, increasing the cost. Contacting a plumber ASAP will save you money and time.
- You can handle the work on your own.
If you aren’t a plumber, it is best not to attempt to fix your plumbing issues. Professionals understand where issues may be coming from, which can lead to prevention in the future.
- You should only call plumbers in an emergency situation.
The longer you wait; the bigger the problem. It will be a lot more affordable in the long run if you reach out as soon as you notice a problem.
- Plumbers Materials are all one in the same.
There are a lot of wonderful products out there that only plumbers can get their hands on. They are specially trained with more complex and efficient products.
- Sharpen garbage disposal blades with ice cubes.
This is a myth that has been going around for a long time. It does help to clean up the blades, but it does not sharpen them.
- Lemons freshen the smell of the garbage disposal.
Lemon juice causes the parts of the disposal to corrode. The ice cube trick mentioned above will help to clean the leftover food and debris that cause the strange smells coming from the disposal.
- Using in-tank cleaners remove build up and freshens odors.
Many of those products bleach the build up and don’t work in removing it. When there is too much build up, it can end up damaging the toilet.
- Plumbing is far too expensive.
With proper upkeep and immediate action when there are issues, the service fees should not be expensive.
- Homeowners are not responsible for water or sewer lines.
Homeowners are responsible for water and sewer lines. They are not public property, which means the city or town you live in isn’t responsible for the services rendered to maintain them.
- You can clean the drains on your own.
Drain cleaners can damage your pipes. Basic clogs are one thing, but anything more than that will require a professional.
- Only well water needs to be tested.
All water needs to be tested every 3-5 years, regardless of whether it comes from a well or municipality.
- The cheaper the service fee, the better.
High-quality plumbers that provide long-lasting solutions are not always the lowest price, but it saves you money in the long run.
- Phone quotes are possible.
A professional plumber will have to be on-site to gauge what is wrong. They cannot reasonably say how much it will cost until they know what they will need to perform the job.
- Any food can clog or damage the garbage disposal.
Various foods are not meant to go down the disposal ranging from chicken skin to cooking oils to coffee grinds. Putting these down the drain can cause clogs